Inside Sales -Mechanical Technical Designer – Saint-Bruno
Under the responsibility of the Pulp & Paper Sales Manager, the role of the Inside Sales -Mechanical Technical Designer is to produce concepts for equipment, systems and simulations on applications that meet customer requirements. All with the aim of preparing detailed and professional proposals. Provide technical assistance during the realization of various projects. Development of innovative concepts with the sales team.
The responsibility of the Sales – Technical Designer – Mechanical is to find solutions to the various customer applications and demonstrate their capabilities through drawings, simulations and technical renderings.
- Prepare the 3D models, layout plans and hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams necessary for the development of solutions;
- Ensure that these 3D models, layout plans and diagrams are complete, coherent, logical and functional;
- Proceed with the assembly of its solutions so that it is as simple as possible to carry out the costing for the client proposal;
- Build solution files so that they can be integrated into client proposals;
- Ensure that the parts drawn and the assemblies planned are technically feasible, and at the best cost. If necessary, consult the after-sales service, the manufacturing workshop and/or the suppliers;
- Assist in the transfer of the project from sales to project management in the event of an order to ensure that the proposed solution is well understood and carried out by engineering;
- Check the content of the drawings and ensure that the proposed design is acceptable to the engineering product manager;
- Provide close support to engineering, as needed, in technical assistance to the workshop during the assembly and start-up of equipment (understanding/correction of drawings, parts not ordered, etc.);
- If necessary, participate in the preparation of proposals for texts and costing estimates;
College or university degree in mechanical engineering;
- Experience in the field of drawing and design of mechanical equipment.
- Experience in a manufacturing plant context.
- Preferred experience dealing with external clients
Other knowledge or development:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks software;
- Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics;
- Knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes;
- Knowledge of welding symbols;
- Knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel).
Abilities or skills (know-how):
- Respect for others
- Stress tolerance and management
- Sensitive to Customer service, or needs
- Time and priority management
- Scientific curiosity
- French and English
Future Considerations (career):
Position is a spring board to Outside Technical Sales in a 5-10 year time frame