At EPIQ Machinery, we challenge the boundaries between being a technology company and a heavy equipment manufacturer by continually integrating new technologies into our equipment. A North American leader in the heavy industry of the aluminum and pulp and paper sectors, our talents are all proud to design and manufacture equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for its quality.
We are currently looking for an Automation Design Intern to join the engineering team at our site in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC.
The main responsibilities of the position:
- Analysis of PLC programs (Allen-Bradley, controllogix, point IO, Guardlogix, etc.);
- Analysis of HMI programs (Panelview, Scada Factory Talk);
- Analysis of international standards (IEC);
- Synthesis of best practices in PLC and HMI programming for industry (machine safety, sequencing, positioning control, etc.);
- Consultation with programmers and controllers responsible for equipment commissioning;
- Development of PLC and HMI programming standards;
- Development of structure templates and PLC programs (Template);
- Development of HMI program template;
- Test and simulation of the developed template;
- Possibility of testing in the workshop on a real production machine.
Qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of PLC programming (Allen Bradley);
- Knowledge of HMI programming (FactoryTalk View);
- Have an interest in programming;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Organized in daily tasks;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to write and read in French and English;
- Interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- Position is regular full-time, based on a 38-hour schedule over 4 (or 4.5) days per week from Monday to Thursday;
- Possibility of Hybrid work schedule.
Ready for your new challenge?
Come and work with enthusiasts who challenge borders to continuously integrate new technologies in equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for their quality.