At EPIQ Machinery, we challenge the boundaries between being a technology company and a heavy equipment manufacturer by continually integrating new technologies into our equipment. A North American leader in the heavy industry of the aluminum and pulp and paper sectors, our talents are all proud to design and manufacture equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for its quality.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader – Automation Design to join the engineering team at our site in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC.
The main responsibilities of the position:
- Plan electrical design phases;
- Develop electrical interconnection diagrams;
- Develop control panel diagrams;
- Oversee the work of CAD designers and occasionally draws;
- Verifie and approves drawings;
- Validate the design according to CSA/UL standards;
- Analyses and applies project-specific specifications;
- Perform electrical calculations of ACM/panel consumption;
- Select control, instrumentation and power system components such as MCC/PLC/HMI/VFD;
- Participate in project meetings;
- Technical support to customers/manufacturers;
- Sizing of engine protections and other loads;
- Develop the functional description of the system;
- Participate in programming and oversees the advancement of PLC programmers;
- Participate in the testing and debugging of factory systems;
- Participate in the commissioning of customer systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- Have a BA in Electrical Engineering;
- Be able to travel abroad about 30% of the time;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in industrial control system design;
- Experience with PLC and HMI Allen-Bradley controllers and industrial networks;
- Member of OIQ.
What we offer:
- Position is regular full-time, based on a 38-hour schedule over 4 (or 4.5) days per week from Monday to Thursday;
- Possibility of Hybrid work schedule;
- RRSP matching and insurance.
Ready for your new challenge?
Come and work with enthusiasts who challenge borders to continuously integrate new technologies in equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for their quality.