Under the responsibility of the Director of Engineering, the role of the Instrumentation and Control Engineer is to design equipment and provide instrumentation technical assistance to the various parties involved in the project. In more detail, it must:
- Prepare, under the supervision of the product manager, the design drawings, layout plans, diagrams, computer programs (e.g. automata) necessary for the project;
- Ensure that these drawings, floor plans, diagrams, programs are complete, consistent, logical, functional.
- Ensure that the concepts developed are technically feasible, at the best cost and ensuring maximum reliability. If necessary, consult the service department, the manufacturing department and/or suppliers;
- Provide technical assistance to the customer service and customers, may be involved in the start-up of certain equipment at the customer’s premises;
- Ensure drawings are updated (as built);
- Provide technical assistance to the workshop when assembling and starting equipment;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals;
- Sign, seal and if necessary draw on Autocad the electrical plans under his responsibility;
- Any other related tasks and/or deemed necessary.