At EPIQ Machinery, we challenge the boundaries between being a technology company and a heavy equipment manufacturer by continually integrating new technologies into our equipment. A North American leader in the heavy industry of the aluminum and pulp and paper sectors, our talents are all proud to design and manufacture equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for its quality.
We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join the engineering team at our site in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC.
The main responsibilities of the position:
- Design materials handling equipment for the pulp and paper industry and/or the primary metal processing industry;
- Provide solutions (design) that take into account design criteria determined by ADCL and/or our clients, schedule budgets;
- Produce documents (drawings and list of materials) required for manufacturing and assembly of equipment;
- Design equipment (or system) to meet design criteria while ensuring optimum cost of selected materials and components, as well as selecting manufacturing and assembly procedures that require minimal labour;
- Draw general arrangements and equipment using skits and software-assisted tools;
- Select appropriate materials and mechanical components;
- Occasionally, depending on the scope of the projects, assist one or more junior or intermediate designers to check the quality and accuracy of their work;
- Always respect the budgets and timelines allocated for a given project;
- Occasionally available to oversee repairs, installations and/or construction starts;
- Occasionally be available to visit our customers to take measurements and/or attend design reviews.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or DEC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 8 to 10 years of experience in innovative machine design and manufacturing of heavy-duty handling systems;
- Strong knowledge of Solidworks and Autocad;
- Strong knowledge of mechanical components;
- Some knowledge of primary control elements (sensors, actuators);
- Strong knowledge of material handling equipment for the pulp and paper industry and/or the primary metals processing industry is an asset;
- Bilingual (English/French);
- Very organized and methodical, attention to detail and team player;
- Use of personal protective equipment provided and required.
What we offer:
- Position is regular full-time, based on a 38-hour schedule over 4 (or 4.5) days per week from Monday to Thursday;
- Possibility of Hybrid work schedule;
- RRSP matching and insurance.
Ready for your new challenge?
Come and work with enthusiasts who challenge borders to continuously integrate new technologies in equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for their quality.