At EPIQ Machinery, we challenge the boundaries between being a technology company and a heavy equipment manufacturer by continually integrating new technologies into our equipment. A North American leader in the heavy industry of the aluminum and pulp and paper sectors, our talents are all proud to design and manufacture equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for its quality.
We are currently looking for a Painter to join the assembly team at our site in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Collect all parts from the rack which must be blasted and painted according to the priority list. Me sure to always take parts with a green tag (meaning the inspection was completed).
- Before painting, visually inspect each part to ensure:
- The part is clean (no grease, no dust, no shot, …)
- There is no surface metal defect (holes, welding spatter, …), if there is, request the repair before painting.
- Adequately protect the machine surface with duct tape.
- Before painting each part, verify the paint specifications, paint thickness and the colour on the client’s reference sheet.
- Make the mix of paint according to the manufacturer instructions. To ensure high quality, be sure to respect the proper ratio when mixing paint.
- Group parts of the same colour to maximize efficiency.
- During application of paint, make sure the paint thickness is measured by using the wet gauge.
- When applying paint, ensure all the corners, edges, and bend sections are well covered with paint.
- Clean the paint gun and pump has per the recommendation of Kremlin or Graeco.
- If parts must be moved out of the paint booth for curing in the racking system or on the floor, be sure the outside doors are closed to prevent dust and dirt blown on the fresh paint.
Qualifications and experience sought:
- High School Diploma
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a painter (epoxy paint with part A and B).
- Good command of French (English will be an asset).
- Be meticulous in work habits with a high commitment to quality.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility for changing priorities.
- Experience in operation of crane and forklift (valid certification is an asset).
The employment is permanent, based on a 40-hour schedule over 4 days per week from Monday to Thursday.
Ready for your new challenge?
Come and work with enthusiasts who challenge borders to continuously integrate new technologies in equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for their quality.