At EPIQ Machinery, we challenge the boundaries between being a technology company and a heavy equipment manufacturer by continually integrating new technologies into our equipment. A North American leader in the heavy industry of the aluminum and pulp and paper sectors, our talents are all proud to design and manufacture equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for its quality.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management team at our site in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC.
The main responsibilities of the position:
- Attends final sales negotiations where required to ensure that scope of sale matches client expectations;
- Chairs internal kick-off meetings (external, if required);
- Upon receipt of order, reviews all specifications and obtains clarifications internally/externally on specifications until there are no technical unknowns;
- As required, calls for design reviews and value analysis on timely basis;
- Generates project budget and ensures that it is up to date;
- Coordinates with scheduler to ensure efficient integration of project into production;
- Monitors each phase to prevent slippage and solve any potential bottlenecks;
- Organizes regular team meetings to assure smooth, on time delivery of project;
- Prepares progress reports for internal/external users on a rigorous timeline;
- Assures drawings are submitted for approval, responsible for timely return of approved drawings;
- Responsible for adherence to project timeline and budgets;
- Organizes and attends project reviews and executes directives resulting from it;
- Initiates after-sales service package and spares sales, and hands this off to after-sales service manager.
Qualifications and experience:
- BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience in the capital goods manufacturing business. Professional accreditation is an asset (i.e. P.Eng.)
- 5+ years experience designing complex materials handling systems
- 5+ years experience in managing capital projects
- Excellent communicator with strong command of French and English (written and spoken);
- Strong leadership ability;
- Good financial/budgeting skills with profitability focus;
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on creativity;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Highly organized and methodical;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Team player.
What we offer:
- Position is regular full-time, based on a 38-hour schedule over 4 (or 4.5) days per week from Monday to Thursday;
- Possibility of Hybrid work schedule;
- RRSP matching and insurance.
Ready for your new challenge?
Come and work with enthusiasts who challenge borders to continuously integrate new technologies in equipment that is out of the box, innovative and recognized worldwide for their quality.