Join a team of talented engineers developing cutting edge and autonomous driving technologies. Currently, we are seeking a candidate with a passion for industrial automation and robotic systems that is capable of balancing his/her technical talents with his leadership qualities and possesses efficient communication skills to deliver a continued level of superior service to our clients.
The Automation and Controls Manager is responsible to work closely with Operations and Production teams and will be accountable for supporting operations by providing manufacturing and automation expertise and diagnostics tools to each of the key operations functions. He/She will lead the hands on technical development efforts providing controls, testing and automation solutions of our equipment.
- Supervise the automation group
- Work with sales, scheduling and project managers and ensure that the group is adequately staffed and trained for the continually changing workload.
- Work with sales group on control system estimates and control architecture and strategies.
- Form project teams and assign tasks as appropriate to meet project performance, budgets and schedules.
- Coach the team and work to improve their knowledge and experience with current practices
- Ensure that the controls group is up to date with the new technologies
- Collaborate on developing electrical and programing standards to increase the department efficiency
- Ensure that the controls group follows the internal procedures
- Ensure that the individual and the corporate objectives are met
- Working closely with manufacturing, operations and start-up teams to define controls and test architecture for the projects
- Uphold safe work practices and participate in developing and maintaining a culture of safety at ADCL
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with programming, testing, commissioning and operating automated systems
- 5+ year in a management position, leading a technical team
- Must be available to travel, up to 15% international travel
- Ability to analyze and diagnose automation problems
- Bilingual French and English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team player with both internal and external contacts
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Work on world class projects
- RRSP with employer matching
- Health insurance
- Generous vacation and company paid personal time
- Flexible work schedule for optimal work-life balance